martes, 2 de abril de 2019

On Ana's blogpost...

Back at middle school I love writing those lame freestyle essays back at literature classes,.Writing is a really comfortable way to express yourself without having to deal with the anxiety of speaking in person, since you can just think over what you are going to write. I have never been a great speaker and there are a lot of things I wish I could share with people around me just as fluently as a text can do.
Reading Ana's article I think I can relate a lot to her. While I was no cyberpunk in my childhood, I didn't surf through a koalas fanpages nor was a an active visitor on experimental art websites, I can see the beauty that was in it and the nostalgia that might come from it. I believe that back them people did not visit the web for instant entertainment or interesting content, there was some "surfing" that had to be done and more interestingly there was some space for people to produce this interest upon each other, and as a consequence it created a certain kind of feeling of connection and community which was one of Ana's central points in her post. Even though I agree with her on this one, there are so many places in the web that people visit for this purpose. As mainstream as it is, I love visiting the smaller communities on Reddit that focus merely on reading and posting about their own bizarre interests such as bonsais, a specific music group, or  weird videogames such as Stellaris. And I have noticed how the purpose of some subreddits change as its popularity increases. For instance r/stellaris used to be full of discussions about builds, strategies and fanart and turned into memes, bug screenshots and shitposting

Well, while I would never write a technical blogpost because of the reasons expressed in this tweet, I believe it might be just a matter of time until I get the confidence to do so.In the meanwhile I must say I enjoy doing some technical blogposts for this course because I can just throw away some of the frustrations that I catch while doing the technical part. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario