miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2019

Testing with PyTest

It's been so long since I have done anything serious on Python, even though it was the very first serious programming language that I've ever used. I took my introductory course to programming back at the University of Toronto. The lecturer had a set up environment on an Ubuntu virtual machine with PyCharm over several frameworks. He made us write some testing functions over there. So when I first started this assignment I was quite happy thinking that everything was going to be as easy as it was back up there. Turns out I was wrong and the lecturer really did a big favor to us by setting up the environment. I don't usually have too much trouble on setting stuff up but, something happened this time that I nearly went bananas on the set up for PyTest. The main problem on the setup was that my PyCharm wasn't able to recognize the PyTest variable on my my virtual environment. After a while I figured that I had to install pytest-runner as an administrator and install the library for PyTest in the IDE. That took 90% of my time for this task.
Concerning the course I believe it was nice, clear and well paced. Hands on were quite simple so I took this opportunity to skim over the tutorial's code and create my own version of the source in order to remember some basic Python. The only thing that was slightly annoying was having to install and set up my environment while following a tutorial that is somehow outdated.
Anyways, here's the requested evidence media:




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario