martes, 30 de abril de 2019

Course Evaluation

Software Quality & Testing.
Course Evaluation.

This course is quite different to a lot of courses in which I have been in my entire degree., there is no doubt about that. Of course as a student I love the flexibility and the lack of stress that comes from a trust based grading system. It is true that I have done a lot of the stuff that the course asks me to do, but at some point, but I also wish I would just have taken advantage of what the course offers me and done the things I didn't really do. And at some point of the course I come to the conclusion that I am not going to do them at all. Personally, I think it is all about the deadlines. I am the kind of student for which deadlines were created for. I just think I have all the time in the world to do an assignment but the present. On the other hand, when I do an assignment I really dislike doing things just for the sake of getting a grade, it feels wrong to me, I just do that when the deadlines are over me and the grade of such assignment or project will have a great impact on my overall performance. In this course I was quite amused that I went through putting effort to things that are not really demanding upon grades.  I believe that setting some sort of way to motivate (or push) slackers to get things started. would be very good for the course.

I think the course content was good, I'm currently refactoring my own code at work to make it testable and it is pure pain. At this point of the semester I begin to understand how important so many of the good practices and concepts are in the real world development. I would suggest to make some sort of hands on classes in which we follow more of the "dev-ops" kind of tasks along with the instructor. They are super useful out there. 

I really enjoy blogging, it is like some kind of rubber-ducky technique , but after you get things done. You can express your frustration and showoff your achievements, tech related work comes with a lot of emotions and feels nice to be able to release them in my blog. I don't really mind spending time doing this.
I don't like reading. Maybe its personal but I think I learn much more from short descriptions on theory and then intermediately doing something to apply it. While some readings were quite interesting, there were a lot of readings in which my eyes were merely following the lines rather than paying attention before reaching the half of it.

Finally, I'd like to suggest to have some sessions or tasks in which we do unit testing to some code given by the instructor. I think it would be kind of fun and very valuable for the course.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario